Technical Director Reel
Maya, Houdini, Flow, Katana, Presto, Renderman | 2019
- Procedural Paper Cities (Maya, Houdini, Flow, Katana, Presto, Renderman): Pixar Undergraduate Program Individual Project where I sought to create a large-scale procedural city with a “Paper” aesthetic. Involved iterative look-development, building procedural tools, and integrating and navigating a USD workflow between software packages. Check out the full version with breakdown below!
- Glow - Short Film (Maya, Houdini, Flow, Katana, Presto, Renderman): Group film for PUP where I focused on camera layout, set shading, and the final score / sound design. 9-person team creating the whole short in entirely 2 weeks.
- Firework FX (Houdini, Renderman): Particle and Smoke simulation using POP Networks and Pyro FX in Houdini. I enjoyed mapping sinusoidal functions or keyframing parameters for different effects.
- Antique Piano (Maya, Flow, Renderman): Modeled by hand and procedurally shaded using generated masks to create an aged aesthetic. Also used z-vectors to create a layer of dust to further the look.
- Shapes & Sizes (Maya, MASH, Arnold): Independent study in audio-driven animation using MASH networking. MASH networking also used to generate city models based on noise projections. Full version w/ breakdown can be found below
- School of Fish (Maya, MASH, Arnold): Crowd and Flight simulation with respect to a path using MASH networking
- Digital Arboretum (C++, OpenGL, Maya, Arnold): Production Tool for realistic tree generation. Full user control for art-directed L-Systems with stochastic parameters, including gravity, tapering, and branch/leaf density. Final mesh can be exported as .obj files for industry software and pipelines.
- Raytracer (C++, OpenGL): Scene parser synthesizes .xml scene for BRDF calculations. Implemented recursive reflections, shadows, texture mapping, and supersampling from scratch.