Pixar Undergraduate Program Reel
Maya, Flow, Katana, Presto, Renderman | 2019
Technical Director Reel
Maya, Arnold, After Effects | 2018
- Shapes & Sizes (Maya, MASH, Arnold): Independent study in audio-driven animation using MASH networking. MASH networking also used to generate city models based on noise projections. Full version including breakdown can be found here: https://vimeo.com/299808322
- Art Directed Shaders (Maya, Arnold): Ship Modeling + Shading + Lighting. Depicts a Future dystopian city where mass-produced robot becomes self-aware. Utilizes ambient occlusion/curvature, depth of field, and aiFog.
- Robo-Boy (Maya, Arnold): Character Design + Modeling + Shading + Rigging + Walk Cycle. Character rig has full IK/FK functionality for arms & spine.
- School of Fish (Maya, MASH, Arnold): Crowd and Flight simulation with respect to a path using MASH networking
- Digital Arboretum (C++, OpenGL, Maya, Arnold): Production Tool for realistic tree generation. Full user control for art-directed L-Systems with stochastic parameters, including gravity, tapering, and branch/leaf density. Final mesh can be exported as .obj files for industry software and pipelines.
- Superhero Landing (Maya, Arnold): Inspired by the iconic "superhero landing" coined by Deadpool. Pre-rigged character from http://www.rigging101.com/freestuff.html
- MUNCH (Maya, Arnold): Writing + Cinematography + Character/Camera Animation + Some Modeling/Layout. Edited final cut and composed original score. Group Project with team members KyuBin Kwon and Dani Ryoo.
- Downtown Providence (Maya, Arnold): Outdoor scene lighting utilizing skydome and directional lighting. Providence models courtesy of Kenji Endo.
- Raytracer (C++, OpenGL): Scene parser synthesizes .xml scene for BRDF calculations. Implemented recursive reflections, shadows, texture mapping, and supersampling from scratch.
- Focusrite Audio Interface (Maya, Arnold): Modeling + Shading
- Visual Effects (After Effects): Various Visual Effects made completely in After Effects. Utilizes compositing elements and CG lens flares.
Fish Crowd Simulation
Procedural Animation | MASH Networking | 2018
- Created using MASH Networking, a python-based node programming language
- Simulated neighboring-point based crowd flocking behavior constrained to a motion path
- Individual fish movement animations driven by sinusoidal curve deformer with noise
Shapes & Sizes
Audio-Driven & Procedural Animation | MASH Networking | 2018
Independent study in audio-driven animation using procedural techniques. Effects and animations created using MASH networking. Also features originally produced music
- Routing volume data to various animation channels using breakout nodes and built-in node editor
- Procedural layout and modeling based on distribution and visibility nodes and variation parameters
- Animating using noise functions and 3D noise projections
- Spawning objects based on curve path nodes
Animated Short Film | 2017
My first ever fully animated short film. Done completely in Autodesk Maya in collaboration with two other students working with full studio production pipeline.
- Character and camera animation
- Kitchen modeling
- Final edit
- Original score (featuring own cello performance)